Are you an OT wanting to weave mindfulness into your practice but don’t know where to start? Finally, a collection of resources and tools that will move you from tired and struggling to the re-inspired and resilient clinician that lies within!
Keep reading if you're an OT, student OT, or OTA who is looking to:
- Develop your knowledge of mindfulness
- Establish and build consistency with your mindfulness practice
- Connect with a community of like-minded OTs from around the world
- Back it up with evidence
- Bring mindfulness to your clients
- Build resilience for yourself and your clients
There is good evidence for using mindfulness as part of your OT practice.
It has been shown to help reduce stress, sleep better, decrease rumination, decrease emotional reactivity, improve focus, improve memory, help us live within our values and manage to live well with pain.
Building a personal practice can increase your own resilience and that of your family and clients. In fact, if one person in a family practices mindfulness, the whole family gets some benefit. And if the therapist practices, the client outcomes improve.
As health care providers, we need to take care of our well-being during a pandemic, more than ever. This is an opportunity to build your practice as part of a community of OTs, without leaving home.
Over 8 weeks, this course will give you the opportunity to establish your own mindfulness practice and to learn ways to start to integrate it into your work as an OT right away, along with a group of like-minded OTs, to:
- Finally be inspired by your own work
- Develop compassion for yourself and your clients
- Build confidence in bringing a mindfulness practice to your life and the lives of your clients
- Combat burnout and build resilience through this pandemic
- Interact with OTs from around the world
- Gain accountability to other OTs while you bring mindfulness into your own life
To see the full curriculum, past participants’ testimonials and frequently asked questions, go to: